Sunday, 11 January 2009

January - freezes the pot upon the fire

Using more free digital scraps from ShabbyPrincess I created something for this month in shades of grey.
To begin with all the elements were in colour so I greyscaled them, altering the brightness and contrast as I went along to get the desired effect.
I added some text, then I created a brush out of the fairy image so that I could layer it onto the snowflake paper : )

"... Snowflake, the winter fairy. She rides on the snowflakes and taps at night on the window-pane, softly, softly. She spangles the trees with hoar-frost and turns the water drips into icicles. But, as well, she calls up the first snowdrops, and hides behind them and makes them tinkle with fairy music."

extract from - Blossom A Fairy Story by Ida Rentoul Outhwaite


No comments: