Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Sugar Bowl Challenge 12 - Sketch by Lia

Phew! I just got this one finished in time. Last as usual ...
I found this sketch a bit difficult due to the papers I chose - vellum, cello and some wavey plastic that I had to work out how to layer and stick which seemed to take ages : ) The stamps are a Gorjuss cat and the free Sugar Nellie Owl from Craft Stamper mag July issue. It had to be the elegant Owl and the beautiful Pussy in their pea- green boat on the blue sea ! Other papers are DCWV and a bit of William Morris wallpaper ; ) I added some shimmer dots and the word 'MOON'. A strip of sticky glitter stuff holds the 'sea' in place.
They danced by the light of the moon !

3 comments:

Lilian said...

Oh, your card is just magical! I love the overall effect of your card! Sorry you had a hard time but it's really wel worth the effort! Had to look for the MOON letters and they are really cute!Cute owl stamp and you're very lucky to have it! Will be on the lookout when it comes out at FK :) Really gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge and hope to see you in the next one too. :)

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

That's such an interesting color and stamp for the Sugarbowl challenge. Great take on the sketch. Nice colors, too! I had fun playing the Sugar bowl as well.

I think you should definitely give it a try at Midnight Madness Sketch, your cards have beautiful color, and not to mention up to $500 prize they are giving, each week's entry is one more chance at the pot.
Please take a look, http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com
Best ~Jeni

Carolyn said...

Thank u Lillian !
I'll definately be havin a go at your lovely sketch too. Hopefully I'll get it done in time.

Thank u Jeni :)
I will be checking out *priscillastyles* soon.

Carolyn ^_^