Tuesday, 28 September 2010

'In a Sweet Pea Dream' Challenge #1

I was very happy to see that Sweet Pea Stamps now have a challenge blog - In a Sweet Pea Dream !
The perfect excuse to rush out and buy a new stamp !
Seeing as I spend a lot of time thinking about the little folk it had to be a fairy. I chose Fluttering Butterflies by Ching Chou-Kuick because she reminds me of my own beautiful Moonflower.
I coloured the background using 3 shades of Distress Inks spritzed with water. I added Cosmic Shimmer mica pigments to the water just to give a little sheen and painted the moon with Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paint.
The stamp itself is coloured with Promarkers. Cardstock is Kanban and is so pretty I didn't need to add much more, a Prima flower and the embossed sentiment complete the look.
BTW, for those of us in the UK Sweet Pea stamps are also available from Crafts and Me .



2 comments:

KymKreates said...

Oh my I love how you have colored this one. She jumps right off the card. I love the moon too.

Thanks for joining us for the first challenge at “In A Sweet Pea Dream” and best of luck! I hope to see many more from you in future challenges.

xoxo,
KymKreates
Sweet Pea DT

sweetpeastamps said...

Love it, it is so beautiful. I love the soft colors, looks as if she is glowing. Fabulous work. Thank you for partaking in our challenge.