Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Sweet Pea Challenge #5

In a Sweet Pea Dream Challenge #5
Where have all the flowers gone?

Recipe
2 types of handmade paper - one is edged with distress ink and embossed with holographic powder, the other has delicate inclusions of blue flowers and leaves and is stamped with a dragonfly, lily of the valley and a wee Mr Beetle.
Ching-chou Kuik's 'Pick a Pumpkin' stamped onto watercolour paper with Distress Ink. I used a wet brush to pull out the colour, then embossed the whole image with clear embossing powder.
A pressed fucshia flower from our garden.
Lace flower with a tiny crystal.
Length of pretty embroidered ribbon.
Stickles.
^_^



7 comments:

Over the Garden Wall said...

How beautiful. All the elements combine so fairily, The Dance of the Flowers is the perfect elfin musical touch.I have enjoyed this little entertainment while having my afternoon cup of tea on this bleak winter day in Ontario. I have applauded too. Now that is magic.

Carolyn said...

Oh thank u Avril for such kind words ! I'm glad u enjoyed my little blog ^_^
xx

KymKreates said...

You went all out on this one with an actual flower. I love the muted look of the stamp it is stupendous!
Thanks for helping me bring some flowers back to life this challenge at "In A Sweet Pea Dream" and hope to see more of your wondrous work in the future!

KymKreates
DT Sweet Pea

stampqueen said...

Beautiful card!!! Love the flower from your garden!!!

Carolyn said...

Thank u Kym for taking time to leave a lovely comment :)

Thank u Tera also, for such sweet words ^_^

Jacqueline said...

My goodness, beauty is within your heart for sure. I have visited here just a few times so far and loved what I see. It is magical indeed.
I have just started a magical adventure down the rabbit whole to Christmas Land at Once Upon a Fairyland. You just might like to jump down the hole with us and enjoy! Inviting you to my blog for a visit one day!

Carolyn said...

Thank u dear Jaqueline - I'm on my way ^_^