Tuesday, 11 January 2011

In a Sweet Pea Dream Challenge #8

Ribbons and Bows - In a Sweet Pea Dream Challenge #8
I'm always inspired to create when I use a Sweet Pea stamp !
The Meredith Dillman sheet arrived from Crafts and Me the other day and I chose 'Fairy Lights' for my ribbon hanger.
I used Copics and Promarkers on Neenah card - I love the smooth finish. Some of the tiny detail was quite a challenge to colour : )
I mounted the image onto a bit of thick scrap card then painted round the edge with gesso. The gesso is textured with lace and a swirly stamp, painted with acrylic paint, gold Cosmic Shimmer and Ranger Rock Candy.
I found some nice braid to frame the image and a little paper butterfly for the top.
The 'Follow your dreams...' is stamped on acetate.
Hung with a length of beautiful sky blue organza ribbon with a cute flower cup and crystal bead drop to finish.


3 comments:

KymKreates said...

Oh my she is exquisite!! Marvelous coloring!
Thanks a bunch for joining in on our challenge this week. Good luck and I can not wait to see more of your marvelous artwork!

KymKreates
Sweet Pea DT

Renee said...

I love how soft and lovely this is!!

Carolyn said...

Thanks Kym and Renee - it's such a pleasure to use these stamps !