Monday, 24 January 2011

In A Sweet Pea Dream Challenge #9

In A Sweet Pea Dream Challenge #9
'Under The Sea'
This is my first Sweet Pea mermaid, the very beautiful Dance of Butterfly by Ching-Chou Kuik. I stamped her with Memento Ink and coloured with Promarkers and Copics. The scales on her tail have a touch of my favourite Rock Candy and I embossed the edges with gold powder to co-ordinate with the DCWV crowns.
I think you call this a step card ? I cut it from a scalloped square card and covered it with Crafty Individuals 'Springtime' paper. The seaweedy stuff is a felt trim glittered with Stickles.

I'm not that happy with the photos of this card - it is hard to catch the dimensional effect and the sparkle. And I wish that I hadn't used white as a background for the photo because unfortunately it doesn't enhance her skin which is a lovely shade of blue...
'part from that lovin' my Sweet Pea stamps ^_^

4 comments:

KymKreates said...

It is always a pleasure to see what magnificent creation you come up with. This is amazing!
Thanks for joining our challenge this week and hope to see more of your wonderful artwork in the future!!

KymKreates
DT Sweet Pea Stamps

Carolyn said...

Oh thank u for your sweet comment Kym !

Jacqueline said...

I always love to visit. Hope you start blogging more. The world needs to see your cute goods!

Carolyn said...

Thank u 'Girl with a curl' ^_^
The following blog post is just for u !
xx