Monday, 28 February 2011

Crafts and Me Challenge - 'Things with Wings'

It's rare that I make a card and actually give it to someone ! This one went to a good home at the weekend : )
It's the first time I've used a digital stamp and I loved the way it printed out. It just so happened that it fit the Crafts and Me Challenge - 'Things with Wings'. This beautiful fairy is Poppy by the talented Sarah Burrier from Crafts and Me
I printed on watercolour card and coloured with Distress Inks (my favourite)
This is a scan of it before I cut it for the card.

I used Once Upon A Springtime paper by Graphic 45, some lace and a lovely ribbon rose. The wings are coated in Rock Candy for sparkle.

5 comments:

sara.b said...

Surprised there aren't any comments. This is stunning! And so warm. :) Gorgeous job!

crafty amy said...

Wow wow wow! This is brilliant I LOVE your colouring and I hope you have the digi bug now I have to warn you it is addictive but I LOVE them.
Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Carolyn said...

Sara B ?
I'm blushing ...
And Amy - thank u both for your very welcome comments!
You brightened my day ^_^

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card love the image your colouring is fabulous. Digi images are addictive lol....so you may have the bug now lol.
Thank you for joining us girlies over at Crafts & Me Challenges, good luck.

HUgs Vicky xx

Carolyn said...

Thank u Vicky for your lovely comment - I appreciate it ^_^