Tuesday, 3 May 2011

In a Sweet Pea Dream Challenge #16

In a Sweet Pea Dream Challenge #16
'Anything Goes Sweet Pea'

Here's a little heart shaped box project using a Meredith Dillman fairy again, from Sweet Pea Stamps : )
I painted and covered my pre made box using acrylic paint and the DCWV Mariposa stack. The edge around the top is stamped with a tiny swirl. For the top I sanded an area on the pink paper first then stamped and embossed the image in black ink with clear and holographic powder. I coloured using markers that toned with the pink paper. Using bright colours for the wings to match the butterfly on the other paper, which is wrapped around the sides of the lid and box.
I found a piece of dusky apricot shot silk to line the inside - a pretty surprise when you open the lid !
I do hope you like it
^_^

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Ohh my, this is over the top cute!
Love the image, and you have colored her to perfections!
and the design paper (graphic45?) matched the aimage perfect!!:)
Thanks for joining us "In A Sweet Pea Dream" , and good luck!:)
Hugs, Ellen

Sue said...

Ohh Wow this is stunning- i might have to buy that stamp!

Frances Tyrrell said...

How charmingly you are applying the arts of stamping and embellishment. These are beautiful creations.

Carolyn said...

Thank u for the lovely comments - I appreciate it !
^_^
xx