Monday, 23 May 2011

In a Sweet Pea Dream Challenge # 17

In a Sweet Pea Dream Challenge # 17
"Bling it up"


My first thought for this challenge was jewellery and shrink plastic was the ideal medium to get the image small enough.
So I stamped 'Blue Nocturne' by Elaine Cox onto shrink plastic and coloured it with watercolour pencils. Once it was shrunk I set about making a frame - originally I wanted to make a simple shape that I could glitter and add a few crystals to. As u can see it sort of morphed into somethin' else !! I shaped it out of Fimo and modelled it on the little owl sittin' by the fairy. I used quite a few colours of glitter +
Stickles mixed together and added crystals for the eyes and on the wings. At just over 3" inches it could be worn as a brooch, I might add a magnet backing or just stand it with some other fairy treasures.
^_^

No comments: