Monday, 11 July 2011

In a Sweet Pea Dream Mail Art Challenge



In a Sweet Pea Dream - Mail Art Challenge
I happened to notice a tutorial in June issue of Craft Stamper magazine using envelopes so I used the idea for this challenge. The envelopes are attached together using 'the adhesive on the seal to stick to the lower edge of the front of the next envelope' to create a concertina book. I coloured the envelopes with Distress Ink before sticking them together and made the front and back covers using stiff card and covering with Fairy Flora papers by Prima. I decorated the envelopes using Meredith Dilman fairy stamps and cut some stripey paper for the insert - this is where you can pop in some keepsakes. The other side is decorated with some swirly stamps, toadstools, fairy stickers, a printed fairy poem and some Stickles! The front cover edges are embossed with holographic powder and the wooden butterfly is Kaiser Craft also embossed with glitter.
I really like this use of envelopes and I think I'll do it again.
It was a bit difficult to photograph because of its length - but I think you'll get the idea ^_^


Fairy Poem

...Such a soft floating witchery of sound
As twilight Elfins make, when they at eve
Voyage on gentle gales from Fairy-Land,
Where Melodies round honey-dropping flowers,
Footless and wild, like birds of Paradise,
Nor pause, nor perch, hovering on untamed wing!...

S.T.Coleridge

No comments: