Monday, 20 February 2012

A Day for Daisies 'Very Vintage' Challenge

Time for a challenge !
Here is my entry for A Day for Daisies Very Vintage colour challenge.
Since I practically dream in the colours of Shabby Chic it was the ideal challenge for me - the digital image is 'Hanging the Sleeping Basket' and is currently the weekly deal at ADFD on Etsy .
I used a sepia effect on the image before printing to give it a vintage look and used my Promarkers to colour this sweet fairy.
Paper is Pixie Glen by Prima ( love ). The extra text is out of an old battered Enid Blyton book - the pages are wonderfully soft and naturally aged - bit of organza ribbon laid over the top just softens the print a bit.
Frant-age shabby pink embossing enamel, gems, a pearl, paper flower+a vintage button and some STICKLES complete the picture !
I love Tammys art, there are so many lovely images to choose from in the main shop I'm spoilt for choice.
Take a peek - if u love fairies like me you won't be disappointed .
^_^


7 comments:

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Simply MAGICAL!!!

Carolyn said...

Thank u Penny I'm glad you like it ^_^

Tracy said...

oh my goodness this card is just stunning! Gorgeous background paper and beautiful punchwork and your image is colored so prettily. Thank you so much for joining the ADFD challenge!

Shelly said...

Such beautiful and soft colors...gorgeous!

Carolyn said...

Thank u Tracy it's a pleasure to use ADFD images ^_^

And thank u Shelly for your lovely comment !

CaroleAnn said...

WOW! This is just gorgeous - I love your style and I too love everything fairy etc. and that is one reason I also joined this challenge - my first in fact! Love your site. Hugs

Carolyn said...

Hi Carol Ann thanks for popping in and for your lovely comment.
It's my first time on ADFD challenge too ^_^