Sunday, 4 March 2012

March

No March winds here this week just warm temps and then rain today. The garden is full speed ahead - tiny daffs are flowering, primroses, cowslips and wallflowers.
Sitting outside in the sun watching everything growing, the 59th Bridge Street Song *pops into my head !


Muguet du bois ^_^ aka Lilly of the Valley sporting it's fragrant puff sleeves nestling next to dainty primroses in the window box.


I have been busy inside too making a card for spring featuring the primrose fairy herself - using an assortment of bits and pieces, Prima's Fairy Flora paper and I think the text paper is 7 gypsies. The edge is done with a woodware border punch, cut through at regular intervals to bend it around the curve. A bit fiddly but it worked well enough.
The beaded dragonfly was a gift from Tony's Mam.



Verse by Anne Hope


*Slow down, you move too fast. You got to make the morning last. Just kicking down the cobble stones. Looking for fun and feelin' groovy. Ba da, Ba da, Ba da, Ba da...Feelin' Groovy. Hello lamp-post, What cha knowin'? I've come to watch your flowers growin'. Ain't cha got no rhymes for me? Doot-in' doo-doo, Feelin' groovy. I've got no deeds to do, No promises to keep. I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep. Let the morning time drop all it's petals on me. Life, I love you, All is groovy.


Wishin u all a groovy week !
^_^


4 comments:

CaroleAnn said...

Carolyn
I am off to work but could not leave without telling you WOW!! Love it Love it. Just beautiful design - love all these fairies - they keep us calm ;) Have a great day - you started mine off beautifully! Big Hugs ~ CaroleAnn

Jacqueline said...

Good morning dear one from sunny Washington state, however two days ago it was snowy and yesterday it was rainy. Our weather changes with the wind. We are in our wet season and will not see spring until April, daffodil farms are all around us and then the tulips. Many settlers from Holland in my area, which makes the area charming indeed. I am also located only 20 min. from the US and Canadian border crossing.

Your fairy card is so wonderful. I see you are an artist at heart and hand.

Thanks for coming again to my blog. I've had a few bumps in life this last couple of weeks but I won't dwell on them long. Especially when I come to your blog and it's so darn cute! Uplifts one's heart for sure.

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Carolyn
Thank you so much for coming over to meet Abby and your kind words.
I LOVE THIS CARD! You are a beautiful artist!
Blessings,
Penny

Shelly said...

A beautiful swing card, I love the soft yellow and green colors. Your attention to detail is amazing! Beautifully done!