Monday, 2 April 2012

Little Library

Here is a card that I made recently using a tiny book fairy stamp and Primas Pixie Glen papers.
The edge is lovely scrunchy pink crepe paper and I fashioned the flower from plain mulberry paper coloured with promarkers, the centre is filled with AB beads ^_^


Because I love my books so much I thought I would share some recent additions to my bookshelf.
A Christmas gift, The Boy with the Cukoo-Clock Heart is a bitter sweet romance as enchanting as the cover itself.

I had to have this version of The Snow Queen because here Kay and Gerda are have been brought to life in paper by the talented Miss Clara . Get it, read it, give your eyes a treat !

I've liked everything by Sarah Addison Allen so far - The Girl Who Chased the Moon was an easy magical bedtime read.

Kate Morton excells in 'atmospheric family history mysteries' - this is a thick book and I devoured it chunk by chunk. Savour the flavour - read it in the garden with an acompanying tasy treat of choice (chocolate, sherbet, cherry pop).

Inside the dust jacket it says - 'Meet Mouse... Welcome to his amazing house !'
This wee world constructed by
Maggie Rudy is as enchanting as I knew it would be.


And finally for now Liesl and Po have my full attention
^_^


2 comments:

CaroleAnn said...

Carolyn
I just had to write to you - first I loved your card - the design - the circular! Wow! Loved the flower too! But I was scrolling your site & when I was a little girl I made a make believe world for my sister under my desk - called it The Mouse House! Then I saw the book you listed - I am so excited to check it out. Hope I can find it on amazon! Love your site - love those dolls - I can't get enough of everything you are interested in! Thanks for sharing
Many Hugs to you! CaroleAnn

Carolyn said...

Thank u CarolAnn !
You always leave such lovely comments ^_^
I hope u get the book - it's very sweet.