Monday, 14 May 2012

Sweet Willum

I've finished my little mohair bear kit.
Meet Willum - he's a cat ! (Can u tell ?)
He poses, sits and stands, I must have done something right : )
He came with a shabby ribbon and a vintage label but I replaced this with a rusty bell. Also I wasn't happy with the first nose and mouth so I unpicked it and did it again. All in all I'm pretty pleased with the way he turned out.
Sweet Willum ^_^ 


It's May already and although the poem leads us to believe that it is Summer I'm havin' a hard seein' it yet. Most of the cherry and apple blossom is being replaced with Hawthorn flowers so the hedgerows will soon look pretty but the wind is chilly and there is still snow on the hills.
'Ne'er cast a clout 'till May is out' - in other words - 'Keep yer vest on missus, it's still freezin'!'

4 comments:

CaroleAnn said...

Hi Carolyn
Oh, I am so happy to meet Sweet Willum and that he is - so sweet - my granddaughter wants a cat and I would lean towards this little kitty - so much easier to take care of ;)
You did a beautiful job - I love it!! Hugs
PS Have you ever thought about turning off your verification mode on your blogger?

Carolyn said...

Hi CarolAnn,
Thank u I'm glad u like Willum !!
Not so warm and purry as the real thing tho' ^_^

Yes I have tried without word verification but I really
don't like the spam that gets through.
xx

Xhanthi said...

Ahhh so cute! I just love his little ears ♥ This guy turned out so well!

Carolyn said...

Thanks Xhanthi, I'm glad u like Willum - he was really easy to make ^_^