Monday, 25 February 2013

Inspiration Avenue Challenge


This weeks challenge over at Inspiration Avenue is Breast Cancer Awareness by creating art by using the colours pink and white.
I fell in love with this Hellebore last time we visited the garden centre,Tony said he would buy it for me so it jumped in the trolley toot sweet !
It's called Penny's Pink and is a big, strong plant about 12" tall at the moment and covered with these gorgeous pink flowers. As it is still in a pot I was able to get some really nice shots of it against the bright white of the snow. I had to tip the pot back to peek inside the flowers as they naturally hang down. It's worth it when you see the lovely centre.
Perfect for a pink and white theme - I used a free texture from
 Pixel Dust Photo Art and some other effects in PicMonkey
 

Here are a couple of pics without any effects.
I'm lucky to have this beautiful plant ^_^
 



7 comments:

Shelinwa said...

Hey there.
This is Shelly from Inspiration Avenue. Love this flower, I have never heard of it before.
Thanks so much for playing with us this week!!

MadBirdDesignsUK said...

Excellent job!

peggy gatto said...

Just beautiful!

CaroleAnn said...

Carolyn
Got to rush off to work but just had to tell you - how beautiful I think this plant is and your photo play is amazing. Never heard of this plant before. Thanks for sharing - big hugs to you

Ariel said...

beautiful flower

Maggie said...

So beautiful! Aren't hellebores one of the first flowers to pop out in the spring? Or even in late winter? Amazing that such beauties can bloom when it's still cold. I have to remember to plant some in the garden.

Carolyn said...

Thank u all !
Yes Maggie, Hellebores are winter bloomers, beautiful underplanted with snowdrops ^_^
xx