Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Colours of Spring

I do like a bit of decoupage : )
I mounted this Primrose fairy onto script paper to make a pretty spring card. The words inside say 'Spring is Coming !
 

 
This is my favourite primrose of all. Pale and delicate, found on banks and under hedges in the countryside at this time of year.
The pink primrose in the collage is called Woodland Delight, very dainty and as the name suggests I have found it does best in light shade rather than full sun.
Below her is primrose Zebra, full on perfectly fascinating blue stripes with a sunny yellow centre. The flowers on mine have faded to a beautiful washed out denim colour.
I think the petals would make a lovely fairy frock ^_^
 
 
As I was wand'ring in the wood
It was the lovely thing
To find the primroses out -
The birds were singing all about -
And I knew it was Spring.
 
Mabel
Lucie
Atwell
 

3 comments:

CaroleAnn said...

Carolyn
So very pretty. I forget how beautiful decoupage can make a card look. Just love how you folded the card too. The picture of the Zebra flower is just awesome - such bright colors. Love them all! I am thinking Spring all the time;) Hugs

Carolyn said...

Thank u CaroleAnn - I love decoupage as long as it's die-cut! ^_^
xx

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Hi Carolyn,
Thank you so much for visiting and leaving such a sweet note about Mary.
I think you are right about the petals.
Love what you have created.
They would make a lovely fairy frock!
Penny