Monday, 12 May 2014

Aurora Wings Challenge 2 - "Monochromatic"

I'm a big fan of Mitzi Sato-Wiuff's art and I've been looking forward to taking part in the
There are so many beautiful images to choose from in Mitzi's shop - I decided on this stunning Hydrangea Sprite. I chose shades of blue to colour using my ProMarkers but also paper pieced the hair and a lot of the individual flowers to give it some extra dimension. I created the background using some digi images and added a little bit of text.
I'm planning to put it in a pretty shabby chic frame - hope u like it ^_^
 
 


5 comments:

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

What a stunning creation, Carolyn! I love the way you colored the Hydrangea Fairy and gave the dimention with layers. The colors are so beautiful and striking, too. Thank you for joining Aurora Wings' "Monochromatic" with your beautiful creation. I hope you enter this in AW's FB group contest "Shades of BLUE", too. Mitzi xx

Carolyn said...

Thank u Mitzi for your lovely comment ^-^

Aletha J. Williams said...

Beautiful coloring on Mitzi's image, and a beautiful projects. Thanks for joining us at Aurora Wings. Good luck and I hope you join us again.

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous coloring and I adore the paper piecing, Carolyn! Gorgeous choice of background DP, as well. I love this! Thanks so much for joining our Monochromatic Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

CaroleAnn said...

Carolyn
there isn't a thing a do not like about your design with this great image. I love the pearl effects and the eye effects - just perfection to detail! I love Aurora Wings too and it is so hard to pick one image to go with:)
Hugs