Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Colours of Halloween

Take a look at this motley crew !
 I love the little ghost - looks as if he's about to jump out of his skin ^_^
 
PNG digi 'Trick or Treat Kids' by Aurora Wings on Etsy.
Using Serif Craft Artist 2 I chose a background from a digi kit called Fruit Orchard by Vintaj on Daisy Trail. Then I opened Trick or Treat Kids and positioned it on the background, moving it around and resizing until I was happy with it. I cut out the bats and repositioned them a bit higher up to fly above the background pattern. Then I added the text and a bit of faux stitching to frame the whole image. I printed it onto Neenah card ready for colouring with my Promarkers and Spectrum Noir pencils.


Once the colouring was complete I stamped a couple of swirly bits on the bottom corners and inked the edges with Distress ink. The paper I used behind the main image is Unsolved Mystery from the gorgeous An Eerie Tale 8x8 pad from Graphic 45 and its all stuck to some good thick card ^_^
Other finishin' touches - punched autumn leaves, paper bats, rusty wire, rusty bells, amber glass moon, punched lace edge and some Stickles !

I've entered this into the Stamps by AuroraWings FB contest 'Colours of Halloween'
 




 
 


7 comments:

Night Owl said...

Hi! Looks great and cute too! Halloween is such a fun period in the year, I wish we celebrated it here in Belgium more!

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

You do such gorgeous work, Carolyn, and I LOVE what you've made with this image. It's one of my favorites in the Halloween digi category, and I'm absolutely delighted to see your beautiful creation here!!

Mitzi xxx
Artist/Owner AuroraWings

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Hello Carolyn,
I love what you have created here.
Love the colors.
blessings,
Penny

Amanda Jensen said...

Wow.. your art is amazing, thats the only way to describe the work you do.. it's art.. can I ask, the background paper, the the Beware and such written on it, do you know what brand?? or where you got it from. I have only ever seen it use once before, and the previous person could not tell me where it was from!

Carolyn said...

Thank u - I love your comments !!
^_^
xx

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Came back after you updated this post, and boy am I glad I stopped by! This is an awesome walk-through for people who are new to the artistic possibilities of PNG digis. ^_^ Your work is excellent, Carolyn!! I'm a big fan! ^_^

Mitzi xxx

Amanda Jensen said...

Thank you SO MUCH!! for ammending your post and adding who you did it.. I has assumed you had cut out the pieces and stuck them on. Never did I even think to just digitally stick them on to a printed background!! You have literally just saved my fingers from hours of fussy cutting and arthritis!! LOL.. And a even bigger thank you for providing the name of the backing paper for me, now I can go source the paper on the net and buy it.. You have made me ONE VERY HAPPY LADY!!!! XO BIGGEST SQUISHY HUGS EVER!!! Amanda. Cherry Rose Cottage Crafts!!