Wednesday, 10 February 2016

All Dressed Up Facebook Challenge - Theme Hearts

Here's my entry for the All Dressed Up Facebook Challenge for February. 
The theme is hearts and I thought this little boho beauty would fit perfectly on this heart picture frame.
The image is called 'Flyaway Butterfly' and is available from All Dressed Up.
She is so cute !
I found the cream frame in Aldi for £2.99.
I liked the moulding and thought it was pretty.
So, I used a Santoro Deco Mache paper with a lovely swirly script pattern to cover the frame then hand painted the little lacey bits with my white Uni posca paint pen to highlight the moulding. 
I coloured the image using Promarkers, but paper pieced the dress. I had to use carbon paper to do this but I think it came out OK. The paper for the dress and the background are from the Fairy Belle Collection by Prima.  
I coloured 2 butterflies and cut them out to create to create a nice dimensional effect.
I love the way it came out !
^_^




8 comments:

Xanadu said...

Lovely Caroline, you did a wonderful job of the frame and love how you explained how you did it all. The colours are very subtle and has created a lovely softness to the whole frame. :)
Hugs,
X

Giac said...

Hello Carolyn,
That is a great entry. She is just lovely and the scene is dreamy.
Big hug
Giac

Marilyn said...

Saw this over on the Facebook board so had to pop over and tell you how lovely this is. It's so pretty, chic and stylish and I adore this little gal.

Tracey said...

This is absolutely beautiful Carolyn :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

CaroleAnn said...

Haven't been to visit lately and I just love all the goodies you have going on here. This is just lovely, love the image, and the soft coloring and the colors you have used, and the whole shadow box detail!!! Hugs and I am thinking Spring - saw my first bunch of Robins!!!! Yea!!!

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Carolyn,
Your entry is just beautiful! I love the colors. What a great job you have done.
Thank you for visiting.. I just love hummingbirds, and was so grateful that he sat still for a photo!
blessings,
Penny

Linda said...

Very beautiful, Carolyn! You have a lovely blog. And your cats are adorable! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Thank you dear Carolyn! It was such a joy to see you had come for a visit.
Merry Christmas!
blessings,
Penny