Tuesday, 30 May 2017

Calendar Journal for March

Just finished the March page of my calendar journal!
I'm 2 months behind but who's counting ^_^
I really liked this Vintage Garden 2014 Calendar and couldn't bring myself to bin it.
It's ring bound and made of fairly sturdy card so I decided to journal on it.


I'm trying to co ordinate my pages with the existing printed illustration most of which are monochrome. I usually have a basic idea then do a little bit at a time until eventually I'm happy with it.


The gorgeous digital image is by Jeremiah Ketner called Hana (smallandround on Etsy)
I used watercolours, Prismacolour pencils and touches of Cosmic Shimmer paint.
The background at the bottom is a pretty floral and bird pattern tissue paper.



Hope you like it ^_^
xx


2 comments:

Giac said...

Hello Carolyn,
Beautiful artwork. It is lovely.
Big hug
Giac

Xanadu said...

Hi Carolyn,
What a wonderful way to use an old calendar, you've done a wonderful job of brining those monochromatic tones to life.
Hugs,
X